Strategic Advisor, Management Consulting
I'm Ryan Lahti, Managing Principal of OrgLeader. Welcome to my site.
Ryan Lahti's Bio:
Dr. Ryan Lahti is the founder and managing principal of OrgLeader. He optimizes the performance of organizations driven by science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) as well as the leaders who run them. Ryan combines business experience in 20+ industries with a background in leadership assessment/development, executive coaching, talent management and organizational effectiveness.
Because exceptional leadership is crucial for optimizing STEM organizations, Ryan partners with leaders to help them develop key capabilities such as the seven essentials of finesse. He enhances high-potential leaders and proven high performers who hold positions up to board of director.
Ryan uses a variety of assessment methods that enable executives to understand their strengths, limitations and leadership styles as well as the impact of these on the job. He utilizes this baseline combined with insight regarding their roles and business objectives to provide guidance that expedites executive effectiveness.
Prior to founding OrgLeader, Ryan worked for global consulting firms including Ernst & Young and Hay Group. He also served in corporate positions with Gap Inc., Westin Hotels & Resorts and Invitrogen where he oversaw leadership and organizational development. In his work, Ryan has:
- Partnered with board of director members to evaluate CEO performance
- Increased organizational fit of senior-executive hires through detailed assessment of final candidates
- Provided change management consulting that determined sponsorship, established on-going communication and ensured accountability for organizational transitions
- Coached and onboarded executives to accelerate their business impact
- Managed employee learning and organizational development for customer-focused companies
- Enhanced executive team and board member productivity
- Devised and facilitated strategic off-sites and leadership programs
- Optimized corporate structures to achieve business objectives
- Supervised board of director continuing education
- Built multi-level competency infrastructures that integrated talent management processes
- Designed and implemented organizational, team and individual measurements (including the Finesse Proficiency Questionnaire) to drive positive outcomes
His business experience includes Apple, Bank of America, Unilever, Southland Industries, Xerox, IBM, Warner Bros., Health Net, Toyota, St. Joseph Health, State Farm, AMD, Beckman Coulter, Teledyne Technologies, Edwards Lifesciences, DineEquity and CB Richard Ellis. In his spare time, Ryan has taught executive MBA and MBA courses on leadership, team dynamics and organizational behavior.
Ryan is an author and sought-after speaker. He authored The Finesse Factor: How to Build Exceptional Leaders in STEM Organizations. He is a contributor to Forbes and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council. Check out his articles on leadership, talent management and organizational effectiveness issues at Forbes.com using these links:
- Don't Shy Away From Political Behavior
- Two Critical Takeaways For Organizational Effectiveness
- Three Costly Mistakes Leaders Make In Stakeholder Relations And How To Avoid Them
- Increasing Leadership Finesse In STEM Organizations
- Build STEM Work Environments That Retain STEM Skills
- Four Ways To Accelerate Your Executive Team's Productivity
- How To Manage The Arrogant Victim Mindset
- How To Manage The Doubtful Victim Mindset
Ryan is a certified executive coach and member of the International Coach Federation, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology as well as Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services.
Ways to contact Ryan...
Phone: (949) 873-2844
Ryan Lahti's Education:
University of North TexasPh.D., Psychology/Organizational ScienceConcentration: Management
California State University Long BeachM.A., Industrial/Organizational Psychology
UCLAB.A., Psychology/Business Administration
Ryan Lahti's Interests & Activities:
Fitness, outdoor recreation, Labrador retrieving along with exploring foods and cultures.